My Carrot Apple Ginger Soup is, hands down, the best Carrot Apple Ginger Soup I have ever tasted. Without a doubt, add this one to your recipe box! This soup is a great crowd pleaser.
This smooth soup is another glorious opportunity to use your delectable carrots. The sweetness of the carrots and apple is memorable. The ginger adds a slightly spicy flavor, so you will find the combination of sweetness with a hint of spiciness to create a superb taste! The vivid bright color of the orange combined with apple and ginger is beautiful to admire. I consider this recipe to be one of my all time favorites.
The healing properties of both ginger and garlic are sure to boost your immune system. This powerhouse recipe is full of nutrition. Give your taste buds and health a treat with my carrot apple ginger soup!
Sharing this recipe at Meatless Monday.
Best Carrot Apple Ginger Soup
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil , more if necessary
- 1 medium onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 tbsp fresh ginger , grated
- 1 large apple , diced
- 4 1/2 cups carrots , grated
- 5 cups vegetable broth
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/8 tsp nutmeg
- 1/8 tsp cinnamon
- In a large pot, add olive oil on low/medium heat. Add chopped onion and cook for approximately 5 minutes until clear but not browned.
- Add minced garlic and ginger and cook for a few minutes on low heat. Add chopped apples and grated carrots and cook for a few more minutes.
- Add vegetable broth, stir, increase heat and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low/medium and simmer for 20 minutes, or until ingredients are soft.
- Use an immersion blender to make smooth. Add nutmeg, cinnamon, salt and pepper to taste. If soup is too thick, add more vegetable broth.