Cut out the processed foods and make an elegant Brussels Sprouts Quiche to add some pizzaz to everyday cooking. This easy-to-prepare quiche has a truly impressive presentation. Eat well today and tomorrow… this recipe freezes well!
You can’t go wrong with Brussels Sprouts Quiche for breakfast, lunch or dinner. Sliced brussels sprouts sautéed with onions is simply delicious as a quiche filling. The crispy textured bites of the sprouts with my Italian Herb Blend are just perfect in this dish. Choose a sharp cheese rather than a mellow variety to bring out more flavor in this satisfying recipe.
While many quiches can be bland, my Brussels Sprouts Quiche will not disappoint you. You will no longer understand the bad rap brussels sprouts get about tasting bitter. Rather, their delectable flavor combined with this smooth quiche will simply melt in your mouth!
Elegant Brussels Sprouts Quiche
- 4 eggs
- 1 tablespoon olive oil or vegetable oil, add more if needed
- 1 1/4 cups brussels sprouts sliced
- 1/2 medium-sized onion diced
- 1 cup cheese cheddar or swiss
- 1/3 cup milk
- 2/3 cup half & half
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Italian herb blend
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 pie crust
- Preheat oven to 325 Degrees F
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. When hot, add onions until soft. Add brussels sprouts until softened and lightly browned. set aside until cooled.
- In a large mixing bowl whisk eggs, milk and half & half. Add seasonings, salt and pepper.
- Stir in brussels sprouts and onion mixture.
- Roll out pie crust in place in lightly oiled quiche dish or pie plate.
- Add cheese to bottom of pie crust. Pour mixture over cheese and bake for 45-50 minutes, until the center is set.