Drinking Cranberry Persimmon Sunrise Liqueur has quickly become a quintessential favorite in our family. After a lengthy stay in Southern California, I developed a passion for the readily available Fuyu persimmon. This sweet fruit, eaten like an apple, is crunchy and delicious. It paired perfectly with tart cranberries and when I added in tangerine zest for more color and flavor, voila, a tasty liqueur was born! These fruits when combined look like the colors of a glorious sunrise and to me a sunrise drink means tequila!
I love to cook and create recipes with seasonal ingredients. The timing of my stay in San Diego aligned with the persimmon and cranberry harvest. The orange hues from the persimmons mixed with crimson red cranberries shout out “fall/winter holidays are here!” Time to make a festive party drink. You will love Cranberry Persimmon Sunrise Liqueur.
More Liqueur Recipes Like This
Recipe share at the Pretty Pintastic Party and the Pin Junkie.
Cranberry Persimmon Sunrise Liqueur
- 3 persimmons firm Fuyu, chopped and not peeled
- 1 cup cranberries chopped
- 6 tangerines zest
- 750 ml bottle tequila reposado
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup water
- Chop 3 Fuyu persimmons.
- Chop 1 cup of cranberries.
- Zest 6 tangerines
- Add tequila into large jar.
- Add persimmons, cranberries and tangerine zest into large jar with tequila.
- Cover jar and put in a cool dark location for 8 days.
- Strain mixture into a large jar with cheesecloth over a funnel or a fine mesh strainer. You will be left with the alcohol infusion.
- Combine white sugar and water in a saucepan and bring to a boil for one minute to make a simple syrup. Let syrup completely cool. Add syrup slowly to the liqueur infusion to your preferred sweetness.
- Bottle liqueur using a funnel.
- Serve at room temperature.